Financial Privacy Notice
Our Commitment To You
- We do not sell customer information to third parties.
- We do not share customer information with outside parties who may wish to market their products to you.
You do not need to take any action or instruct us to keep your information confidential. We will protect your privacy automatically.
- Within our family of companies, we safeguard your customer information carefully.
You have choices about how your information may be shared and used within Union Bank & Trust. We have made it easy to communicate your privacy preference to us. See the response form below for details.
- We are committed to protecting your customer information in every transaction, at every level of our organization.
For this purpose, we have designed procedures, standards and technology, which are described in this notice.
- We are committed to helping you protect your privacy every day.
- We do not knowingly collect or use personal information from children under the age of 13 through our website or online environment.
Visit our Security & Fraud Center for complete information on reporting and preventing fraud, identity theft, phishing, and other harmful activities.
Service and Privacy
Offering you exceptional service along with protecting your privacy is important to Union Bank & Trust and our family of service providers.
In the normal course of our business relationship, we ask you to provide us personal information. This information is important to help us provide great service, and to complete your transactions securely and timely. This information is also critical to identify you and prevent access to personal financial information by unauthorized persons.
We also gather certain information to comply with laws and regulations that govern the financial services industries. For example, federal regulations require that we obtain a social security number or tax identification number for many types of accounts.
The information you provide to us online is protected by encryption technology such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to transmit information between you and us. This technology protects your information by making it unreadable to anyone other than Union Bank.
How we Protect and Use Customer Information
Nonpublic Personal Information means personally identifiable information, such as a tax identification number or your account number.
Customer means an individual who obtains a product or service from us for personal, family, or household use. While we initiate safeguards to protect all nonpublic personal information, this notice is specifically designed for individuals who obtain products and services from us for personal, family, or household purposes. This includes former customers.
1. Safeguarding the security and integrity of customer information.
We are committed to protecting the security and integrity of customer information through procedures and technology designed for this purpose. For example:
- We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
- The bank has established an Information Security Program, including the Clean Desk Program, and also a Code of Ethics. All employees are expected to abide by programs and policies established by the bank in an effort to protect customer information.
- Nonpublic personal information in regard to a customer can generally be provided:
- To the customer.
- To an authorized representative on behalf of the customer.
- To a third party at the request and authorized by the customer.
- To a Union Bank & Trust affiliate1.
- To Union Bank & Trust employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to the customer.
- To a non-affiliated third party as described in Section 4.
- We require independent contractors and outside companies who work with us to adhere to strict privacy standards through their contracts with us.
- We use technological means (backup files, virus detection/eradication software, firewalls and other software/hardware) to protect against unauthorized access or alterations to customer data.
2. We collect and maintain customer information as part of servicing your account and relationship.
In the course of serving you, we collect information about you from a variety of sources, such as:
- Information you provide to us on applications or forms, such as your social security number, income and accounts with others.
- Information about your transactions with us (i.e. balance information, overdraft history, credit or debit card purchase information and loan history).
- Information we receive from an outside company, such as a consumer reporting agency or credit bureau, regarding your credit history, checking account history or employment status.
- Information about your transactions or experiences with a Union Bank & Trust affiliate (i.e. insurance, investment, title insurance or student loan products).
3. The customer information we collect is used to serve your accounts and meet your financial needs.
Information may be used within Union Bank & Trust, as well as with authorized third parties (described in Section 4), for a number of purposes:
- To protect your accounts from unauthorized access or identity theft.
- To process your requests, such as loan applications, purchases and ATM withdrawals.
- To service your accounts by issuing checks, ATM cards and account statements.
- To keep you informed about financial services of interest to you.
4. We do not share information with third parties, except as permitted by law.
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law. For example, we may provide information to companies that perform support services for us, such as technology service providers, consultants or check printers. We may also share certain information with companies who help us conduct surveys or marketing research. We may also disclose information to third parties as permitted or required by law, for example courts or other government entities in response to subpoenas and other legal processes. Also, we may share information with individuals or companies you have requested us to share information with.
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
Important Notice about Credit Reporting: We may report information about your account(s) to credit bureaus and/or consumer reporting agencies. Late payments, missed payments or other defaults on your account(s) may be reflected in your credit and/or consumer report.
It is important to note that we do not share customer information with other companies for the purpose of marketing their products to you, unless you specifically request in advance that we do so. It is not necessary for you to instruct us not to share information with these outside companies, because we will automatically keep your information confidential.
5. Sharing information with Affiliates
Affiliates are companies under the same ownership or control as Union Bank & Trust, and include insurance, investment, title insurance and student loan companies. We are allowed by law to share information within the Union Bank & Trust family of companies regarding your transactions and experiences with us (i.e. your account history, credit or debit card usage and payment history). You may not opt out of us sharing this information.
We may also share additional information about you with our affiliates, such as information we receive from a credit reporting agency or information you provided on a loan application. However, you have the right to instruct us not to share this information by notifying us as described below. Furthermore, federal law gives you the right to limit some, but not all, marketing from our affiliates. Federal law also requires us to give you this notice to tell you about your choice to limit marketing from our affiliates.
You may limit the affiliates of Union Bank & Trust, such as our insurance, investment, title insurance and student loan affiliates, from marketing their products to you based on your personal information that we collect and share with them. This information may include your account history with us, your income, and your credit score. Your choice to prevent us from sharing certain information with our affiliates, and limit marketing offers from our affiliates, will continue until you notify us to change your choice.
6. College Savings Plan Participants
We will not share customer information in regard to College Savings Plan Participants with anyone other than the customer, an authorized representative of the customer, or those employees and/or service providers who need to know that information to provide products and services to the customer.
You Have the Right to Choose
Union Bank & Trust does not sell customer information or share it with outside third parties who may wish to market their products to you. We will protect your privacy automatically.
We may share your information with Union Bank & Trust affiliates as described in Section 5. You have the right to instruct us not to share certain information. If you have already recorded a privacy preference with us, there is no need to do so again. You may change your instructions at any time.
How to communicate your preference to Union Bank & Trust:
- Complete the response form below, or
- Contact our Call Center toll-free at (800) 297-2837.
By completing this form, you will act on your choice to request we not share information other than your transactions and experiences with us with our affiliates and limit marketing offers from our affiliates.
||Do not share my personal information, other than information relating to your transactions and experiences with me, with your affiliates, and do not allow your affiliates to use my personal information to market to me.
Complete the name and address section below ONLY if you have checked the box above. Cut on the dotted line above and mail to: Union Bank & Trust, Attn: Deposit Services, PO Box 82535, Lincoln NE, 68501-2535. Please Print.
City, State, ZIP:__________________________________________
Social Security or Tax ID Number:___________________________
(not required but recommended to properly process your request)
Your preference will apply to all accounts linked to your Social Security Number. For joint accounts, any account holder may express a privacy preference on behalf of the other joint account holders.
1. Information regarding our transactions and experience may be provided to an affiliate. The customer has an option to request we not share information in regard to their credit report, loan applications or other information they provided or we received from a third party.
Policy effective as of July 1, 2008