Because of better health care, advanced technology, and more active lifestyles people are living longer, healthier lives. Individuals could spend over 25 years in retirement. Experts suggest you may need to replace 80-100% of your income in retirement. Planning for retirement early allows you to have a good grasp on what kind of lifestyle you would like to maintain later on in life and will help you work towards your retirement goals. Many experts agree that an average person should be saving 15% of their salary for retirement (this 15% includes both employee and employer contributions).
- Personal Savings Planner
- Video: Investing 101
- Video: Investing 201
- Chart: Increase Your Contribution Amount
- Graph: Benefit of Matching Contributions
- Calculator: 401(k) Savings
- Calculator: 401(k) Rollover -- Spend It Or Save It?
- Graph: How Inflation Erodes Purchasing Power