1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS DRAWING. A purchase of a product or service from Union Bank and Trust Company or any of its affiliated companies will not improve the chance of winning. Void where prohibited. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws.
2. CAN I PARTICIPATE? The Drawing is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia; at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Residents of the state of Maine are not eligible to participate. Employees of Union Bank and Trust Company, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and the immediate family members (parents, siblings, children and spouse) and/or those living in the same household (whether or not related) of each are not eligible to win. THIS CONTEST IS NOT DIRECTED TO CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18 AND THE SPONSOR DOES NOT INTEND TO COLLECT ANY INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18. SHOULD THE SPONSOR BECOME AWARE OF ANY ENTRANT UNDER THE AGE OF 18, SUCH ENTRANT WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THIS CONTEST AND ALL INFORMATION OBTAINED BY THE SPONSOR ABOUT SUCH ENTRANT WILL BE DESTROYED. YOU MUST NOT BE PROHIBITED BY FEDERAL OR STATE LAW FROM ENTERING THIS GIVEAWAY OR FROM WINNING THE PRIZE. In the event a potential winner is ineligible to participate based upon the information contained in the background check, an alternate winner will be selected by a random drawing.
3. HOW DO I ENTER? You will automatically be entered into this Drawing if you close on either a secondary market, owner-occupied, primary-dwelling secured home purchase or refinance loan in Nebraska or Kansas between Tuesday, October 1st, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. Central Time and Wednesday, January 15th, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time (the “Promotion Period”). Alternatively, you may also participate in the Drawing by completing the form located here during the Promotion Period. You may enter only once.
Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry of information or for entries which are electronically garbled, damaged, incompletely received, otherwise defective or lost in cyberspace due to any reason, all of which will be voided.
ALL ENTRIES: Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, delayed, misdirected, illegible, damaged, and incomplete or postage due. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will neither be acknowledged nor returned. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. Limit one entry per person; all additional entries will be disregarded and not permitted. Submitting an entry constitutes agreeing to the terms of these Official Rules.
4. WHAT CAN I WIN? One winner will receive $6,000 (which may be used to make mortgage payments) and may choose a cashier’s check OR direct deposit into their Union Bank Checking Account. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. No interest will be paid for the time between the date of the drawing and the receipt of the prize. The winner is responsible for the reporting and payment of all federal, state and local taxes incurred by the acceptance of the prize. Prize cannot be assigned, transferred, exchanged or otherwise redeemed. Sponsor is not responsible for any costs associated with accepting or otherwise using the prize. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agents to use winner's name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
5. HOW DO I WIN? The potential prize winner will be selected by a random drawing from among all entries received; the winner will be determined on January 16th, 2020. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of entries received; method of entry does not affect chance of winning. Drawing will be conducted by Union Bank and Trust Company. Ten attempts to contact the potential Prize winner will be made. Actual means of notification to be determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion. If the potential Prize winner is unable to be reached within (1) business day of the tenth contact attempt, or refuses to accept the prize, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. If receipt of the prize is restricted by law or employment policy applicable to the potential winner or potential winner’s family (parents, children, siblings and spouse) and member of the households (whether or not related) of each, the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner selected.).
Sponsor shall have no liability or responsibility to award any prize where: (a) any required Prize Documents are not fully executed and received by Sponsor at the designated address by the due date specified in Prize Documents; or (b) if any mail addressed to the potential Winner is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable without a forwarding address or if potential Winner cannot be contacted for any reason; or (c) potential Winner is deemed ineligible or otherwise non-compliant with any aspect of these Official Rules. Noncompliance will result in disqualification of the potential Prize winner and the selection of an alternate Prize winner. All prizes will be awarded. BY ENTERING THIS DRAWING THE ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND REPRESENTS TO THE SPONSOR THAT THE ENTRANT IS NOT PROHIBITED FROM WINNING THE PRIZE BY ANY FEDERAL OR STATE LAW OR REGULATION.
Potential prize winner may be subject to a background check, which must be satisfactory in Sponsor's absolute discretion, before Sponsor determines potential winner's eligibility to appear in Promotion-related advertising. Potential winner may be ineligible to participate in promotion advertising based upon the information contained in the background check.
6. CONDUCT. By entering this Drawing , each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor and its agents, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Drawing Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify and prohibit any Entrant from participating in the Drawing or winning a prize who Sponsor suspects, in the sole discretion, of attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Drawing by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automatic quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse or threaten or harass any of the Sponsors' representatives or otherwise failing to comply with these Rules. NOTE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE SPONSOR OR ITS AGENTS OR UNDERMINING THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE DRAWING IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. No liability is assumed for illegible or incomplete entry information or for device-related technical difficulties or for technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Drawing or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Drawing. If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Drawing or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Drawing, or an unauthorized intervention or any other cause adversely affects the proper administration, play or conduct of the Drawing, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to (a) suspend or cancel the Drawing in part or its entirety; (b) void any suspected entries, and/or (c) conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all the entries received prior to suspension or cancellation. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of these Official Rules or any materials associated with the administration of the Drawing or the announcement of the prize.
8. RELEASE. Each entrant and the winner, by entering this Drawing or accepting any prize, agrees on behalf of him/herself, his/her heirs, executors, representatives, assigns, administrators and next of kin to indemnify, hold harmless and release the Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated businesses and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, representatives and any other person or entity associated with this Drawing from any and all liability claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damage or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, enjoyment, ownership or use of the prize. The Sponsor expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of any prize awarded.
9. DISPUTES. As a condition of participating in this Drawing each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Drawing or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of Nebraska; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Drawing), but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., reasonable costs associated with entering this Drawing), and entrant further waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Drawing, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Nebraska, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law, rules or provisions (whether of the State of Nebraska or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Nebraska.
10. PRIVACY. Information entrants provide to Sponsor will be used to communicate with entrants regarding this Drawing and otherwise as set forth in these Official Rules, as well as to contact entrants at a later date with respect to products or services which the Sponsor believes may be of interest to them.
11. WINNER’S IDENTITY & OFFICIAL RULES. : The name of the Prize winner(s) and these Official Rules are available by mail. To receive a Winner’s List or the Official Rules, send a written request with a self-addressed stamped envelope before January 1st, 2020 to Union Bank and Trust Attn: Marketing – PO BOX 82535, Lincoln, NE 68501..
12. SPONSOR. Union Bank and Trust Company of Lincoln, Nebraska sponsors this Drawing. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest at any time and substitute another promotion in its place. If you do not wish to receive any further Drawing offers from Union Bank and Trust Company, please write to Union Bank and Trust Attn: Marketing – PO BOX 82535, Lincoln, NE 68501.and state your request.
13. PUBLICITY CONSENT. By submitting an entry or accepting a prize, where permitted by law, each winner grants to Sponsor (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) and those acting pursuant to the authority of the Sponsor the unconditional and irrevocable right and license, without any further compensation, consideration, notice, review or consent, to use, exhibit and publish, in any medium now known or hereinafter known at any time, the following: (a) their name, city and state, age, image, likeness, voice, biographical information and statement for advertising, publicity, trade and public relations purposes, to the extent permitted by law; and (b) any film, tape recording or other reproduction of their appearance or voice upon the awarding of the Grand Prize.