Sometimes mistakes happen. Keep those minor slip-ups from costing you money by setting up a safety net that fits your needs. Choose from the following options for overdraft protection.
Automatic Account Transfers
Avoid overdraft fees by signing up for our Automatic Account Transfer service. When an overdraft occurs, funds will be automatically transferred from another checking or savings account. Automatic transfers are made in increments of $100, for $3 per transfer. You may always initiate a transfer yourself, either through online banking or a teller, with no fee.
view brochureA line of credit can be handy when your income and expenses fluctuate from month-to-month, or you encounter a sudden unexpected expense. Be prepared by applying for Checking Plus.
- Protects you against overdrafts and is a source of funds for large purchases or emergencies
- Automatically advances funds into your checking account, up to your approved credit limit
- Offers a minimum credit line of $1,000. Subject to credit approval.
- There is a $34 annual fee but no transaction fees
- Repayment is easy with an automatic charge of 1/20th of the outstanding balance ($15 minimum), plus interest. Or, you can pay the entire balance at any time
- The 18.00% Annual Percentage Rate is calculated from the date you access funds from the line-of-credit
- Allows you the opportunity to establish and build a solid credit rating
view brochureYou manage your account well, and don't expect to have any overdrafts. But Overdraft Privilege can help if you ever happen to run short of funds just before payday or have an unexpected expense. It's available on personal checking accounts that are maintained in good standing, and allows you to overdraw your account up to $800 ($1,500 for eligible Business Checking accounts). With Overdraft Privilege, we will consider payment of overdrafts up to this limit.
- Fewer charges from retailers for returned checks
- Additional convenience and flexibility in managing your funds
To qualify for the discretionary overdraft service you do not have to do anything special or sign any additional documents. However, you must opt in to utilize this protection on your everyday debit card and ATM transactions on your personal account. If you feel you would not benefit from this service you may opt-out by contacting us at (402) 323-1777.