Whatever you’re saving for, RoundUp makes it easier to get there. Every bank has a savings account — we’ll actually help you use it. When you use your Union Bank Visa® debit card, we’ll round up the total to the nearest dollar — or a set amount you choose — and automatically deposit the difference into your savings account. Over time this change will really add up.
Use the roundup calculator
Choose from three easy ways to save:
- Round up to next whole dollar amount.
Example: Purchase is $25.14; rounded up to $26 with $.86 going to your savings account.
- Round up by a specific amount ranging from $1 to $5.
Example: Purchase is $25.14 and you choose to have an additional $3 added; rounded up to $28.14 with $3 going into your savings account.
- Round up to next whole dollar amount PLUS a specific dollar amount ranging from $1 to $5.
Example: Purchase is $25.14 and you choose to have an additional $1 added; rounded up to $27.00 with $1.86 going into your savings account.
You can choose to have the RoundUp amount deposited into your savings account, or into children’s or even grandchildren’s accounts. In fact, you can select up to five different accounts that will equally share the RoundUp amount. We do ask that your designated account(s) have common ownership (your name also on the account).
How to Get Started
To sign up for the RoundUp program, you must have a Union Bank checking account, debit card and a designated account for the savings (this can be any Union Bank savings, money market or checking account). Stop by any Union Bank branch to open your accounts and get started.
If you already have a Union Bank checking account, debit card and an account for the savings, you can sign up at any Union Bank branch, or contact our Call Center at 800-297-2837 or (402) 323-1777.
Download the RoundUp Enrollment Form here.
Simply print, fill out, and return it to any Union Bank location. Or mail to:
Union Bank & Trust
Attn: Deposit Services
PO Box 82535
Lincoln, NE 68501-2535
- We total the RoundUp purchases that post to your checking account each business day and make a single transfer to your designated “savings account” at the end of the business day.
- If you do not have a minimum of $5.00 in your checking account we do not round up purchases posted on that business day and cancel the RoundUp transfer for that day.
- If your debit card purchase is subsequently cancelled or reversed, the corresponding RoundUp transfer will remain in your “savings account”.
Current and new customers must enroll in the RoundUp program to participate. A RoundUp enrollment form can be downloaded here and is available at any Union Bank branch.