4: Find Your Home!
This is the fun part! We'd recommend considering these key points to ensure you find a home that truly suits you. As you consider these features, note which ones are truly needs, and those that you’d be willing to compromise.
- Check out different styles and floor plans (ranch, 2-story, etc.)
- Look at various neighborhoods - which ones just feel right to you?
- Priorities inside the home: number of bedrooms, finished basement, size of kitchen, central heat, air conditioning
- Priorities outside the home: size of yard, garage, landscaping/trees
- Neighborhood priorities: proximity to schools, entertainment, shopping, police/fire department
You can do the searching on your own with websites like Zillow.com, or with the help of a Realtor, who can provide local market expertise and guidance.