Banking with the Best Browser
UBT strives to use the latest technology to provide you with a secure banking experience. While we won't pick favorites, we do have a few helpful hints for secure online banking:
- Use the lastest version of your browser (see links below).
- Accept browser cookies (not as tasty as the cookies we serve at the branch, but just as helpful).
You can download the lastest versions on these popular browsers at the links provided below.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/download-ie
- Google Chrome: http://www.google.com/chrome/
- Mozilla Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
- Apple Safari: http://www.apple.com/support/mac-apps/safari/
If you are using a shared or public computer, be sure to delete PDF statements after opening (usually on the Desktop or in the Download Folder) and empty the Trash (for Macs) and/or clear your cache (for PCs). Here’s how you do it:
To clear your Internet Explorer cache:
- 1. Select Tools, then select Internet Options.
- 2. Under Browsing History, select Delete.
- 3. Check the following: Temporarily Internet Files, Cookies and History.
- 4. Select Delete.
- 5. Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.
To clear your Google Chrome cache:
- 1. Click the wrench or settings icon on the browser toolbar.
- 2. Select Tools.
- 3. Select Clear browsing data.
- 4. In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove.
- 5. Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select beginning of time to delete everything.
- 6. Click Clear browsing data.
To clear your Firefox cache:
- 1. Select Tools, and select Clear Recent History.
- 2. For the Time range to clear: section, select Everything.
- 3. Click on the dropdown for the Details menu and check the box Cache.
- 4. Click Clear Now.
To clear your Safari cache:
- 1. Select History.
- 2. Select Clear History.
- 3. Click Clear to close dialog box.