Quick, Easy and Electronic.
Maybe it’s your babysitter, landlord or friend you owe from lunch. Whoever you need to pay, Popmoney is the answer. It doesn’t matter where they bank – all you need is their mobile phone number or email address to send them money electronically.
- Available through Online and Mobile Banking
- Enrollment and accepting money is free. Sending or requesting money will incur a small 50 cent fee per transaction.
- Send and Request Money with an account number, email address or cell phone number. The Request Money feature is only available through Online Banking.
- Set recurring and/or scheduled payments for added convenience
- Add an eGreetings to personalize your payment
- Send money to multiple mobile phone numbers and email addresses at one time
- Save time and import contact information from email providers, such as yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc.
- Or import contact information directly from your cell phone when using Mobile Banking
Create your Profile
- Log in to Online Banking and enroll in free BillPay (if you haven't already).
- Next, click the Popmoney tab.
- Complete the short, on-screen questions to enroll. View the Demo.
Not currently an Online Banking user? View instructions here.
Not currently a BillPay user? View instructions here.
- Choose a Recipient: Decide if you’d like to pay them using their mobile phone number, email address or bank account information. When adding new recipients, save time and download their contact information directly from your email account or your phone, if using Mobile Banking.
- Choose an Amount: Enter the amount you want to pay and the date you want it paid. Note that there is a small, 50 cent fee when sending money through Popmoney
- Include a Message: Make your payment more personal by letting them know what the money is for.
- Notification: That’s it. This confirms that the money request has been sent, and your friend will receive a Popmoney pick-up message with your payment information. Popmoney will not send any cash until your friend accepts it.
You just received a message that someone wants to pay you money. Great! Click the “Pickup your money” link within the message.
- Securely Accept the Payment: Enter your mobile phone number and email address, as directed on-screen. This will send you a unique verification code, to protect your security. How is this secure?
- Deposit the Money: If you are a new user, you can create a Popmoney profile that will save your information for later. Simply tell us where you bank and enter your debit or checking account number. We’ll take care of moving the money for you.
- Confirmation: That’s it. This confirms that the money will be deposited, and when the deposit will take place (typically no more than 3 business days).
- Select your Person or Group: Select each person within your contacts that owes you money. Enter either their mobile phone number or email address.
- Enter an Amount: Type the amount each person owes you. Don’t forget to add a message so they remember why they are paying you back. Please note that each payment that is requested will include a small, 50 cent fee that is charged to you, the requestor. This is automatically deducted at the time the payment is made.
- Get Paid on Time: Select where you want the money deposited, and pick a due date.
- Notification: That’s it! You’ll receive a notification from Popmoney each time a payment is received