- 67% of families headed by a worker aged 55-65 had less than $88,000 in retirement savings
(source: Consumer Finances)
- Persons nearing retirement have an average net worth of $520,000 (source: AARP).
Your net worth includes your home, your assets, and your liabilities.
- Average age of retirement is somewhere close to 62 years of age
(source: federal statistics)
- 45% of households headed by 50-somethings include minor children
(source: Consumer Finances).
- 70% of baby boomers, who had not yet retired, say they expect to work well into their retirement years, or never retire at all (source: AARP)