Earn 2.00% APY¹ on balances $50,000 and under on your checking account
It gives you all the privileges of a checking account, and you can earn premium interest. Simply have the following activity each statement cycle: 12 Visa® Debit Card purchases posted (excludes ATM transactions), access Online Banking at least once, direct deposit posted, and receive e-Statements via Online Banking (requires ongoing valid email address). No monthly maintenance fees. Just 2.00% APY1 on balances of $50,000 and under on the account you use every day. Because you deserve a little bonus. See University Checking Details below for more information.”
A Banker Just for Faculty & Staff
Your money has people — on-campus people
At UBT, our people take pride in going the extra mile — people like Nicole Sweigard, whose entire goal is to serve UNL faculty and staff. She's experienced, she's knowledgeable, and she can connect you with UBT experts who can guide you through core banking services, home and personal loans, wealth management, and more, all with your best interests in mind.
University Checking Details
An account just for UNL employees
|Must be UNL faculty, staff, or administrator|
|$50 minimum opening deposit|
|No monthly fee|
|Up to 2.00% APY¹ on balances $50,000 and under (when you meet certain requirements per statement cycle) and 0.75% APY on balances over $50,000|
|Unlimited free ATM transactions²|
|University Checking debit card with increased daily withdrawal and purchase limits|
|Free e-Statements (required)|
|24-hour account access through UBTgo, with online and mobile banking, mobile deposits, Bill Pay, e-Alerts, PopMoney, and TeleBank|
|Free, unlimited check writing|
|Free safe deposit box for the first year (where available)|
|One free NSF fee waiver per year³|
|Short-term Federal Investment Trust*|
|Relationship Advantage: Maintain $10,000 in total deposits with Union Bank (excluding Health Savings Accounts) to automatically waive selected fees on one personal checking account, plus unlimited use of all non-UBT ATMs|
(1) Annual Percentage Yield (APY) accurate as of October 3, 2019. You must meet activity requirements each statement cycle to receive 2.00% (APY) for balances $50,000 and under and .75% APY for balances over $50,000. Required activity requirements per statement cycle include: At least 12 Visa debit card purchases posted (excludes ATM transactions), receive e-Statements via Online Banking (requires ongoing valid email address), access Online Banking at least once, and one direct deposit posted. If statement cycle activity requirements are not met you receive .25% APY. $50 required to open account. Fees may reduce earnings. Rates subject to change. (2) Does not waive surcharges some ATM owners may assess. (3) Waives one NSF Paid Item Fee/NSF Returned Item Fee per calendar year. This account is not affiliated with or endorsed by any college or university.
|*Investment products: Not FDIC Insured - No Bank Guarantee - May Lose Value.|
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit ubt.com or download the UBTgo mobile app. Choose the registration option and fill out all of the information asked for.
For UNL international students, faculty, and staff:
If you do not have a social security number, use the first four digits of your UNL Student ID number unless otherwise instructed. If you haven't gotten a U.S. phone number yet, fill in the phone number field with zeros.
- Log into UBTgo and select Accounts > Statements
- Select the account for which you are wanting the statement(s).
- All statements available for that account for the last 24 months will be listed, with the most recent at the top.
- Click on the file(s) to download and save/open them.
- When the statement is open, select File > Print.
Money Compass is a personal financial management tool that is built in to UBTgo. With Money Compass, you can:
- See your UBT and non-UBT accounts with account aggregation
- Create custom categories for transactions
- Set spending targets
- Create savings goals
- Project cash flow
- Track your net worth
- Be alerted when you're approaching a spending target
Check out the demo to learn how to use this tool.
Yes, UBT will send you suspicous activity texts regarding your debit card from short code 70756. To confirm the activity, simply reply "Yes" and continue using your card. Reply "No" is that activity was not you. Our automated system will call you to start the stolen card reporting process and restrict access to the card.
Issuers of securities and Transfer Agents rely upon the Signature Guarantee/Validation process for the transfer of securities. The Transfer Agent is liable for improper securities registration, but cannot witness you signing your documents or review the documentation showing your legal authority and capacity to sign the documents. The Signature Guarantee/Validation provides this service as well as protecting the individual signing the securities from fraudulent action.