Frequently Asked QuestionsView All ›
The investment professionals at Union Bank & Trust build portfolios using Modern Portfolio Theory (MPT). MPT was pioneered in 1952, earning its creator a Nobel prize. MPT is a theory on how risk-averse investors can construct portfolios to maximize expected return based on a given level of market risk. The theory emphasizes that risk is an inherent part of a higher return. Diversification of assets plays a major part, and our portfolios have broad style and geographic diversification.
You can choose from six different goals. Each goal tells us something unique about how you want to invest your funds. Some of the goals have guard rails on them to help protect your money based on needs and time frames. The guard rails are used to calculate your proper asset allocation. For example, we would suggest not being 100% invested in stock if your need for the money is less than one year from the start of your goal. Our guard rails would prevent that from happening. To learn more about each goal, check out our guide. Of course, you can reach out to us at 877.851.8847 or email@example.com to talk about any possible manual overrides to your goal
To receive a personalized financial plan, you’ll need to have your account elevated to the Platinum tier. Call us at 877.851.8847 or email us to request an upgrade. Click here to see what’s offered at each tier level.
- Walk through the questions until you get to the page congratulating you on opening your account.
- You will receive an email asking you to verify your email address.
- Once you verify your email address, log in to your account at https://invest.ubtgo.com/portal.
- You may receive an email asking for additional documentation for your identity before your account can be opened. No need to worry — we simply need a little more information to verify your identity. You’ll receive an email; follow the prompts to provide the requested information. In some cases, it’s as easy as uploading a picture of your driver’s license.
- If you were required to provide additional documentation, an investment professional will need to review and approve your documentation. Upon final approval, you will receive an email letting you know that you are now ready to log in. Log in to your account at https://invest.ubtgo.com/portal.
The risk tolerance questionnaire is a series of questions that help us understand your comfort level with market risk as it relates to long-term return potential.
Catch-up contributions are contributions that allow individuals who are 50 or older to make additional contributions to their IRA above their normal maxed-out contribution.
Get help from an expert
ᶲTransfers are typically initiated through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) system. Although transfers to and from Union Bank accounts via ACH will not incur a charge, other financial institutions may charge for these services.