History of UBT
Nearly a century of stability and lasting relationships.
The current day Union Bank & Trust Company was founded in 1917 as the Farmer's State Bank. In 1935, the name was changed to Union Bank, and in 1959, with the addition of trust powers, the company became Union Bank & Trust Company.
In 1965, Union Bank & Trust was purchased by the Dunlaps, a long-time Nebraska banking family. Now, nearly 50 years later, still owned and managed by the same family, Union Bank & Trust has developed into a financially diverse organization serving Nebraskans across the state, as well as the Bonner Springs, Kansas City, and Johnson County, Kansas areas.
UBT has been recognized for innovative and progressive ideas, and has grown significantly during the past 15 years, both in size and diversity. Along with our affiliated companies, we deliver a breadth of services to our customers:
- A full line of personal banking and lending services
- Comprehensive business banking, treasury management, and lending services
- Trust services for individuals, families and employer-sponsored benefit programs
- Investment services, including our own family of mutual funds
- Life, property and casualty insurance services
Insurance policies are obligations of the issuing insurance company, and are not obligations or deposits of, or guaranteed by any bank and are not FDIC insured.
Investment products: Not FDIC Insured - No Bank Guarantee - May Lose Value.